Monday, April 17, 2006

Refreshing long weekend

I've had lots of fun over the past 3 days; it's infinitely refreshing not to have to wake up at 5.30am 3 days in a row, but today, once again, it's back to looong hrs at work. :(

Friday was happily spent shopping with shan. I can't believe I actually bought 3 items despite being broke. But well, they were sort of irresistable. 1 khaki green tee, 1 cap sleeve white shirt, and 1 delicate cream and green patterned skirt. =) Total damage: $100. K la, not that bad considering the skirt was a steal. Checked out cedele depot at wheelock, but it failed to live up to expectations. It's more of a restaurant rather than a bakery, with lousy service to boot. The lousy service does not justify the higher prices as compared to its cafe-like outlets. Bah. Shall stick to the ones at raffles city, suntec and great world city. :D Met up with rx aft tt to watch ice age 2, having caught the prequel tog 4 yrs ago. It seems that time really flies. It didn't seem that long ago. Hmms. I'm growing old.

Saturday comprised of a lil bit of shopping, lunch at nydc, a trip to central lending lib to load myself down with reading material, and a pedicure at bugis village to rest our feet. :) Polished diva was sadly full; we had no choice but to go to a relatively unknown nail parlour which gave us lousy mani/pedi with air bubbles!! omg. I can do better than that at home. Mar's an absolute darling though. Love her when it's only the 2 of us.

Sunday was spent at paulaners brauhaus. Easter sunday brunch was absolutely delish. Lovely pork knuckle, maultaschen, weisswurst, spargelsalat, gerkelsalat, and ox stew were amongst the wide array of food available. I'm definitely visiting there again in the near future. I love german food. Despite it's heaviness, it's still yummy. I love hearing snippets of conversations in german.. sth I haven't heard in a while. Ich vermisse Deutsch.

No comments: