Friday, April 28, 2006

Frivolous thoughts

Ahhhhh. My nus decision isn't out yet. :( Darn. I wanna get into the engineering and economics double degree programme.. Ahwell. What is to be, will be.

Had a lovely express pedicure at voxy after work yday. The ngee ann city branch has changed it's layout. There's now 5 lovely pink sofas with comfy cushions, instead of the earlier layout of uncomfy chairs in front of tables for manicures. One plus point is the readily available current issues of magazines (most places only stock outdated ones). Voxy costs $17 for an express pedi, but it's inclusive of a mini foot massage. Hmm. Somehow I still prefer polished diva's $12 express pedi in a massage chair and it's soothing cosy ambience. :) I guess I'm not one for brightly lit shops. Especially when I'm to spend an hour or more in it.

Met up with mum after that to do a lil bit of shopping. Brought mum to take a look at the coveted tocco bag, but mum wasn't impressed. Ahwell. I've been persuaded to wait for nicer designs. :)

Today at work was.. pretty fun. Haha. I generally dress less conservatively on friday since, well, it's friday. Received lots of weird looks from my colleagues in my pink capris last week. :( Although I think they're quite ok, I shan't wear them anymore since the other relief teachers insist they are indeed too casual. So this week, I wore a white pleated knee length skirt n a sky blue top (it's my current fav colour) with white and pink mules as well as my pearls. When leaving school, I met my H1 class, and they gave me weird looks!! Sigh. It felt as though I was in something wildly inappropriate but I wasn't!! It's just that I tend to wear shirts to their classes in a bid to establish authority and therefore they aren't used to me in something slightly more casual??

Took a loooooong bus ride to parkway after work to meet angeline. She wanted to check out this shop, Stege, to get her nose pierced, and she did it!! The needle went in soooo fast. She said it doesn't hurt the least bit, but still, I'm too chicken to get my ears pierced. Haha. The thrill of wearing pretty earrings does not offset the risk of infection. :X Hmms. Fine, I just don't like needles. Excuses huh.

Yay. Looooong weekend ahead. I love term 2. Week 4, 6 n 8 have long weekends. So they're nicely spaced. Good for well deserved breaks eh? It's interesting how every public holiday this term is on a monday or a friday. Ok, not so interesting since there's only 3 public holidays. But still. :)

No comments: