Sunday, May 06, 2007

Highlights of Spring Semester

I'm now back at home, (more or less) missing life back in philly. Or perhaps I'm missing someone more than I thought I would. In any case, after a day back at home, I've realised that nothing much has changed. I mean, Singapore has definitely changed a bit cosmetically, but I'd say that it feels the same. Exactly the same as when I had left. Or perhaps I just didn't change much.

In any case, here's a recap of what I look fondly back on:

Winter break in LA with mar
Driving off to Lancaster county to visit the Amish
Walks to trader joe, even in the snow
Mugging in the bomb shelter (gregory's basement)- I am surprisingly a lot more productive there than in my room
Finding the perfect (almost) apt at Hamilton Court- D301, our home for 3 more years
Watching movies on yx's screen- Deathnote was really good
Spring break in New Orleans- a week of much needed R&R with great company
Getting my license
Discovering Nara (this gem of a japanese restaurant 2 minutes from where I stay) and its sashimi
Mimosa and chocolate sorbet at White Dog's- absolutely divine (I wish I knew abt it earlier)
Realising that Pattaya Grill has great non-thai desserts
Marathon Grill's ice cream brownie sundae which I've had on tooooo many occasions
Hanging out in my room
(Opps. Everything seems to be about food now..)
Magaret Kuo's xiao long baos which can rival Crystal Jade's
& dou jiang you tiao!!
Visiting siannie in Boston
Six Flags
Walking back from central philly/old city after dinner with nadia and gina
Lounging ard in White Dog/Philly Dinner after walking back to put off doing work
Having gina over for spring fling weekend- our mug fest in the bomb shelter and talk fest at night
Discovering that Chili's is actually a good place for meats
Transporting my worldly possessions to carlson's for summer storage- navigating those move-out carts is no joke..

Okie, that's about it for now. I'd add on to it when I can think of more.

4 comments:

Il grande chef said...

Very interesting blog.
Bye bye

the-lipless said...

hey dear, miss you loads. i'm typing this from an empty depressing room. ): feeling pensive now (hurhur), i wish you were here to go through this with me.

Unknown said...

*kisses you* not that it's put in order, I guess..but still...awwwww...me loves you loves us. *winks*

Unknown said...

*ouch* top part of comment cut-ted ><
I was saying,...."it's the top of the listtttt..yayyyyyy"

:D