Saturday, July 28, 2007

Yay! I've survived the first week of classes- now it's just 3 more weeks to go. I'm really glad I decided to switch out of my global politics class and into the class about the third reich, despite the 75 euros course-change fee. :)) One more classmate from that class switched over today; he says that the prof expects too much of the class- something yh and I felt when we first met him during orientation on sunday. It's good that we trusted our gut feeling and switched before we missed any lessons with the new class.

Both classes are pretty cool, despite periods of boredom when the profs drone on.. I guess my attention span for history does not stretch to 3 hrs. XP I'm kinda suffering from an OD of museums though. Visited the third museum of the week today and I was pretty much counting down to dismissal time. Both classes consist of an american majority as expected. I mean, where else do universities expect students to take summer courses? :P It's definitely not a trend in europe..

We visited hamburg on wednesday, and I have to say that I really LOVE hamburg. :)) It reminds me of boston, with the nice breeze, seafood, and rather fashion conscious crowd. The architecture is really cool too- modern glass buildings juxtaposed with traditional red brick ones. It's a refreshing change from berlin's regimented architecture characterised by restored facades of historical buildings.. I had a grilled fish platter for lunch at this Portuguese restaurant for all of 6 euros! I miss fresh fish. The fried potato cubes which came with it were so good that I practically polished them all despite my usual reservations about potatoes. ;D And I managed to find some stuff at massimo dutti and mango. =) I think I seriously need to consider shipping some things back to penn or I'd break my back travelling to frankfurt's airport. :X

I really miss home.. und dich auch. :((

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Thank you for this article, quite effective data.
Florist Charlotte NC | breakfast restaurants | wholesale flowers