Monday, June 12, 2006

Hmms. 1 week of work has flew past and it's now monday again.. I would say that I'm learning quite a fair bit, and have been enjoying my work.. But this definitely isn't my calling. Now, it seems as though everything I've tried isn't my thing. Then what is? I'm kinda worried. What if one day I decide I don't like i banking after interning at one of the i banks? *groans* I worry myself at times..

The past week has really been interesting, adapting to a new work environment, colleagues and all.. I'd say that the interns and my younger colleagues are pretty affable, but with regards to the rest.. well, let's just say they aren't exactly welcoming. My boss's pretty intense; he's serious about his work. I guess he isn't the easiest person to work for, with his exacting standards, but 'tis alright, I'd probabaly live. I tend to be sloppy at times, so I gotta keep myself in check or risk getting a dressing down.

My weekend was a harried rush, with sat being spent shopping around the suntec area with hx, dinner with the family at jln kayu, and sun in a even bigger whirl of activity. Tuition was first, followed by lunch and shopping with shan at orchard, tuition again, then dinner and drinks with sc n mar at serangoon gardens. :) I'm a happy gal though. All set for a week of work. Not so sure if I'm keen on every one of the remaining 8 weeks though.

Oh. I've passed my basic theory!! Haha. Spent less than 15mins doing the test and rushed out to apply for my pdl before going down to work.. yay! I'm starting lessons this wed; hope I won't run into any trouble.. *crosses fingers*

Another piece of good news: I've been accepted to the modern languages programme at penn! ;D I'd be living in german house, this whole floor of german speaking students.. hopefully my german won't deteriorate then..

No comments: